A&K Painting Company NACE Certified employees provide increased value to our clients.
NACE International is the world’s leading professional organization for the corrosion control industry established in 1943. NACE International is involved in every industry and area of corrosion prevention and control, from chemical processing and water systems, to transportation and infrastructure protection. NACE’s main focus of activities includes cathodic protection, coatings for industry and material selection for specific chemical resistance.
For over 30 years, the NACE Coating Inspector Program has set the standard for inspections in the protective coatings industry and is the world’s most recognized coating inspector certification program. CIP is the first international certification program designed to improve the overall quality of inspections performed, and it continues to provide the most complete training curriculum, producing top-notch inspectors for the industry.
Our client’s projects receive A&K Painting Company’s exceptional attention to detail and our NACE Certified employees provide expertise and experience your projects require. Their training includes:
- Use of protective coatings to control corrosion
- Corrosion fundamentals such as properties of a coating, coating classification, and modes of protection
- Coating types and curing mechanisms
- Coating specifications including service environments and coating life cycle
- Surface preparation equipment, methods and standards for abrasive blasting, solvent cleaning and power and manual tool cleaning
- Coating application by brush, roller, mitt, and conventional and airless spray
- Role and responsibilities of the inspector including safety, ethics, and conflict prevention and decision making
- Inspection procedures and quality control
- Purpose and content of a pre-job conference
- Test instruments for measurement of environmental or ambient conditions
- Non-destructive test instruments
- Testing for non-visible contaminants
- Quality control issues, recognizing design and fabrication defects and coating failure modes
- Material safety data sheets (MSDS) and product technical data sheets
- Purpose and content of log book and report documentation