Safety management at A&K starts long before we start a project. Attention to details is one of our strengths. That attention includes the details of safety management. Our company Safety Director, Michael Hibberts oversees all safety management and training at A&K Painting. All new hires receive initial safety training and personal protective equipment. Everyone receives ongoing training and our Foreman, responsible for active safety management of their crews in the field are the most involved with ongoing training so they can properly lead and train others.
We’re proud of our safety related accomplishments, national safety awards and our experience ratings. We will always continue to work towards excellence and are committed to create a productive and safe work environment.
Our comprehensive Environmental Health & Safety Policy Mandates:
- Foremen have OSHA 30 Hour, Lift Certification, First Aid and CPR Certification
- Monitoring and documenting A&K projects to identify training and improvement opportunities
- A strictly enforced Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Weekly Safety Meetings and Project Work Specific Training
- Company Lead Safe Certification From NC
Our team members receive ongoing training in courses such as:
- Fall Protection
- Scaffold / Ladder
- CPR / First Aid
- Defensive Driving
- Asbestos & Lead Safe Work Practices
- Behavioral Based Safety Training
- Lift Certification