The Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting for new clients, aggressively driving the sales process with qualified prospects, developing potential clientele, and securing painting contracts.
- Presents A&K Painting Company’s services by researching painting project activities, contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring targeted opportunities.
- Updates and maintains lead information in company database.
- Prospects for new clients and new referral sources utilizing the telephone, tradeshows, networking, onsite demonstrations, seminars, current client visits, or other local marketing programs directed by company management.
- Gains access to key decision makers to win business from clients through consultative selling. Nurtures leads to push prospects through the sales cycle. Projects a positive image in representing the corporation to clients and the community.
- Actively participates in the proposal development process. Works with estimating team to create, coordinate, and submits proposals/bids and RFPs/RFQs. Assembles project profiles, project approaches, company information, etc. Seeks a healthy balance between clients’ needs and capabilities of the company. Drives business prospects to sales closure.
- Provides feedback to management on campaign efficiency and lead quality. Completes and submits accurate new business paperwork, expense reports and weekly activity reports.
- Achieves and continually develops technical knowledge, and competitive sales skills. Actively participate in industry forums, associations, and events.
- Travels as required for sales calls, attending conferences, training sessions and/or other meetings
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years of sales experience building relationships and expanding a client base in the commercial market (preferably selling specialty construction services or products/services to the commercial real estate market)
- Strong knowledge of the construction market (engineers, property managers, building owners, general contractors, architects, etc.)
- Team player mentality
- Proven success creating and executing an effective sales plan. Solid understanding of sales process with the ability to explain that process from identification of opportunity through close of sale. Track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals/quotas
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Able to easily build rapport and establish relationships with prospects. Strong cross-functional collaboration skills with peers and colleagues.
- An independent self-starter who is able to achieve goals & objectives to thrive in a dynamic, change-driven environment
- A strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and a working knowledge of CRM software.
- The ability to travel as required with reliable transportation in order to maximize business opportunities – this position will require local travel 70%-80% of the time.
Hiring Company: A&K Painting, Inc.
Position Title: Business Development
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Charlotte NC
Education Requirements High School Diploma
Work Hours: M-F, 7:00am – 4:30pm
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Apply for this position:
Work at A&K Painting
When A&K Painting Company fills new employee positions, we seek highly motivated and qualified professionals to join our team. As an official hiring period is established, we advertise open positions, request and review applications, and schedule interviews. Request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, call the office at 704-521-8003, or fill out this form.
A&K Painting is a drug-free workplace and EOE, Equal Opportunity Employer.
A&K Painting Company is a total service commercial and industrial painting contractor with headquarters located in Charlotte, NC.
We make our client’s projects more successful and safe. We’re known for delivering exceptional customer service, award-winning projects and safety management. We provide service throughout the east coast of the United States.