The Foreman is responsible for supervising staff painters, communicating daily tasks, and monitoring painting techniques, adherence to specifications, general safety and clean up.
- Obtains work orders for the day, taking time to assure a clear understanding of the job requirements. Organizes and sets a plan of action to complete the assigned tasks, including verifying job location and assuring van and required equipment are ready.
- Verifies adequate crew is available and properly prepared for work. Instructs painters on specific job details and any unusual requirements of the job.
- Ensures all required painting supplies, equipment and PPE gear have been properly obtained for the job, and assembled in the van.
- Checks in with construction manager at job site prior to beginning work. Follows all communications procedures established by A&K Painting.
- Ensures all surfaces are properly prepared prior to painting. Oversees crew and inspects the job site throughout the day, assuring job is completed in accordance to specifications and A&K standards.
- Assures team is working safely, following safety guidelines, utilizing proper protective equipment, and monitors compliance with OSHA regulations. Immediately reports all unsafe acts and/or equipment to Supervisor.
- Monitors adherence to break schedules. Verifies accuracy of crew’s time records.
- Completes final punch list in accordance with company policy, obtains required approval, and assures proper completion of job.
- Completes daily reports (progress reports, T&M sheets, sundries list, and van inspection). Assures all required information has been logged.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years of painting industry experience required.
- Solid knowledge of the preparation and application of paints, stains, and surface preparation materials to a wide variety of surfaces.
- Familiar with OSHA safety guidelines, PPE requirements, and hazardous material handling, application and disposal.
- Committed to customer service and accuracy, for both the company & its customers.
- Quality minded focus, ability to complete jobs right, the first time.
Hiring Company: A&K Painting, Inc.
Position Title: Foreman
Department: Field Services
Reports To: Assistant Field Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Charlotte NC
Education Requirements High School Diploma
Work Hours: M-F, 7:00am – 4:30pm
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work at A&K Painting
When A&K Painting Company fills new employee positions, we seek highly motivated and qualified professionals to join our team. As an official hiring period is established, we advertise open positions, request and review applications, and schedule interviews. Request an application by emailing email@example.com, call the office at 704-521-8003, or fill out this form.
A&K Painting is a drug-free workplace and EOE, Equal Opportunity Employer.
A&K Painting Company is a total service commercial and industrial painting contractor with headquarters located in Charlotte, NC.
We make our client’s projects more successful and safe. We’re known for delivering exceptional customer service, award-winning projects and safety management. We provide service throughout the east coast of the United States.