Industrial Floor Coatings and Polished Concrete
The Benefits of High Shine Flooring
When your industrial facility requires sustainable floors for your high traffic, chemically exposed or corrosion-prone areas, A&K Painting are the professionals to call for floor coating and polished concrete installations. Tile, wood, carpet, vinyl, natural stone and laminate don’t provide the long-lasting performance that polished concrete and floor coatings possess. Manufacturing grounds are subject everyday to impact and abrasion due to heavy equipment exposure. Damages can include tire marks, oil stains, chemical spills and moisture transmission issues which can led to machinery malfunctions and safety hazards. This can take workers and sometimes entire industrial establishments out of commission when the proper floors aren’t in place, wasting time and money correcting these inevitable accidents. With polished concrete and floor coatings, scheduling replacements will either be drastically lowered or eliminated due their strength against peeling, flaking or fading. Since these floors don’t harbor dust, dirt or allergens, clean up is quick and only requires infected areas to be mopped or wiped. Floor coatings and polished concrete can also reduce harmful slips and provide a more professional look to your facility. Look to A&K if your factory or industrial facility desires the switch to high-performance floor coatings and polished concrete.
The Process of A&K Application
A&K Painting leads the industry with expertise and experience in industrial floor coating and polished concrete needs. Our highly trained staff only provides flooring applications that are tailored to your unique needs. With A&K you can expect the following:
- After identifying your needs, A&K’s Certified Concrete Coatings Inspector provides a comprehensive evaluation detailing specifications and procedures.
- With safety in mind, we apply coatings that meet strict USDA and FDA requirements.
- Safety zone as well as directional marking and striping will be provided.
- Since volatile organic compounds are hazardous, A&K only supply low or no VOC coatings to clients.
- Extreme duty coatings are available to protect against the highest impact and abrasion.
- A&K can customize flooring to meet decorative design, color, and pattern needs.
More Details on Polished Concrete Floors
Polished concrete floors completed by A&K Painting provide you with an extremely durable, cost-effective, and low maintenance solution. While many types of flooring may be aesthetically pleasing, they also bring a lot of inconvenience. Polished concrete floors not only look good, but stand the test of time against the corrosive activity of manufacturing plants or industrial facilities. The benefits for polished concrete floors include:
- Hard wearing and provides extremely long life expectancy.
- Due to the coefficient of friction, these floors meet OSHA slip-resistance levels, even when wet.
- Completed floors can be returned to service immediately.
- Sustainable design since it makes use of the materials already present.
- LEED compliant since there are no hazardous coatings or VOCs.
Polished concrete floors are created by grinding the existing concrete floor, old or new. Densifiers are first used to smooth the surface layer. Additional grinding takes place with progressively finer grits of diamond grinding blades and wheels. Lastly, the concrete floors are burnished with diamond polishing pads.
Contact A&K Painting for accurate pricing on coating applications or polished concrete solutions for your industrial facility. Save money down the road with long-lasting flooring that can stand against virtually any physical and chemical exposure your facility needs to resolve. A&K are the skilled professionals you need for high-performing floor coatings and polished concrete floors.
Talk to an A&K Specialist Today
A&K Painting Company is a total service commercial and industrial painting contractor with headquarters located in Charlotte, NC.
We make our client’s projects more successful and safe. We’re known for delivering exceptional customer service, award-winning projects and safety management. We provide service throughout the east coast of the United States.