Our client’s projects require the expertise and experience A&K’s NACE Certified employees provide. Their training and knowledge ensures correct and complete inspections and evaluations of your facility. They are trained and tested on:
- Use of protective coatings to control corrosion
- Corrosion fundamentals such as properties of a coating, coating classification, and modes of protection
- Coating types and curing mechanisms
- Coating specifications including service environments and coating life cycle
- Surface preparation equipment, methods and standards for abrasive blasting, solvent cleaning and power and manual tool cleaning
- Coating application by brush, roller, mitt, and conventional and airless spray
- Role and responsibilities of the inspector including safety, ethics, and conflict prevention and decision making
- Inspection procedures and quality control
- Purpose and content of a pre-job conference with our clients
- Test instruments for measurement of environmental or ambient conditions.
- Non-destructive test instruments
- Testing for non-visible contaminants
- Quality control issues, recognizing design and fabrication defects and coating failure modes
- Purpose and content of log book and project report documentation
NACE International is the world’s leading professional organization for the corrosion control industry established in 1943. NACE International is involved in every industry and area of corrosion prevention and control, from chemical processing and water systems to transportation and infrastructure protection. NACE’s main focus of activities includes cathodic protection, coatings for industry and material selection for specific chemical resistance.
For over 30 years, the NACE Coating Inspector Program has set the standard for inspections in the protective coatings industry and is the world’s most recognized coating inspector certification program. CIP is the first international certification program designed to improve the overall quality of inspections performed, and it continues to provide the industries most complete training curriculum, producing top-notch inspectors for the industry.
A&K Painting Company is a total service commercial and industrial painting contractor with headquarters located in Charlotte, NC.
We make our client’s projects more successful and safe. We’re known for delivering exceptional customer service, award-winning projects and safety management. We provide service throughout the east coast of the United States.
A relationship you can trust…
A&K PAINTING COMPANY, INC.
Call 855-812-8003 to speak with a representative
Main Office Number 704-521-8003
9929 John Price Road Charlotte, NC 28273
Mail: PO Box 7684 Charlotte, NC 28241