No matter which category your facility falls into, because of the economic slowdown, you have had to make difficult decisions regarding your operations. Many facilities have had to make the decision to put off large projects and delay maintenance plans. However, consider these two things: essential projects will need to be completed no matter what, and now is the optimal time to prep and survey your facility.
Essential Facility Projects That Need Reviewed
Essential projects are the things that are imperative to the core function of your facility and its production. If something goes wrong in one of these areas, you could be facing expensive repairs or extensive downtime. Some of those projects include:
- Asset Protection: Tanks, machinery, and other equipment are expensive. Make sure you keep up with maintenance and regularly check the status of your facility’s assets during this slowdown.
- Anti-Slip Coatings and Protection: Safety never stops being a priority. Now is the time to assess your anti-slip coatings and other protective coatings.
- Corrosion Control: Structural equipment can be vulnerable to corrosion. Evaluate this equipment regularly to keep an eye on possible trouble spots and make quick repairs.
- Safety Markings: Safety markings such as line striping provide an extra layer of protection for your employees and must be highly visible. Check for areas that might need touchups.
- Secondary Containments: Don’t risk failing inspections conducted by internal or external auditors. You need to stay on top of the condition of your secondary containment structures to maximize production.
Make the Most of Downtime
It’s important to find opportunities in times of adversity; so, if your facility isn’t operating at optimal production levels, it may be time to prepare for future activities. This is the perfect time to review the overall condition of your facility and the state of your equipment. Bringing in an outside team for an inspection or survey is a great way to complete that task and get a thorough analysis.
A&K Painting has years of experience working with industrial facilities to conduct site surveys that provide a comprehensive state of the union on your facility.
With a complete survey of your facility in hand, you’ll be able to take stock of your secondary containment areas, steel structural components, safety markings, and more. These surveys are free and are designed to help you ensure the safety of your facility. When you’re ready to open back up and get started on these essential projects, you’ll be ready with a game plan. Even better: you’ll have a good idea of what your budget for the project should be so you can get started as quickly as possible.
Get Ready to Reopen
COVID-19 won’t be an issue forever. It isn’t the first crisis we’ve faced, and it won’t be the last. The best thing we can do is keep moving forward. Focus on ways you can help your facility prepare for reopening today so you can maximize production tomorrow.